Herbal medicine is “The study or use of medicinal herbs to prevent and treat diseases to promote health and healing”.
As a Medical Herbalist I offer you the opportunity to discuss in depth your physical and emotional well-being giving you a sense of freedom to acknowledge health issues and, to be inspired to implement changes to heal yourself.
Due to this detailed consultation the first session can take up to a hour and a half and can include a clinical examination of a system, organ or joint after which, you will receive a personalised treatment plan and herbal prescription. A follow up consultation is usually arranged two weeks after the initial session to assess the success of the prescription and this can take up to an hour.
A prescription can take the form of a supplement or herbal capsule, a cream or tea depending on the condition and your requirements.
Conditions that can be improved with herbs include the following:
- Skin Disorders such as Eczema and Acne
- Ear, nose and throat conditions
- Respiratory conditions such as bronchitis or asthma
- Digestive Disorders such as IBS
- Skeletal and Joint Disorders
- Gynaecological problems such as PMS
- Emotional Issues such as Stress and Depression
- Additional issues can include Headaches, Insomnia, general fatigue and many more.